When you customize ExcelWraps, it is recommended that you follow this workflow to ensure that each wraplication is properly set up.
Adapting ExcelWraps to your local environment requires an awareness of issues that you don’t want to stumble on later. If you follow this workflow, you ensure that the most critical issues are detected as early as possible in the customization of your wraplications.
- Purpose – Each custom Wraplication needs to state clearly what it does. This should be added to the ‘Launch Page’
- Wraplication Naming convention – As a minimum wrapgroups need a naming convention but also wraps so that you can clearly identify what belongs to a Wraplication. E.g VMI-R01-* is a prefix used for Vehicle Maintenance Instruction Wraplication release 01.
- Launch Page – Accessible from menus including a description and buttons to open the Wraplication, Dashboards, Wrapstacks for generation of wraps in advance.
- Workgroup strategy – User Workgroups to put users into teams but also consider Wraplication abstract workgroups (e.g. wrapgroups created for each contract which define trusted user workgroups). Inject the abstract workgroup in Wrapstacks when creating wraps.
- KPI strategy & Scheduling – KPI needs to be defined from the outset and Scheduled wraps should produce periodic reports against KPIs.
- Pdf Strategy – Define requirements for integration and client documentation.
- Wrap Strategy – Strategy for Unique Keys, Roles, and workgroup selectors. Place each wrap in a Wrapgroup.
- Development strategy – Identify as early as possible if new features and/or custom widgets are required for a custom Wraplication.
- Integration strategy – Identify custom code for integration with other systems.
- Notifications – With ExcelWraps, we have tried to avoid e-mail notifications that generally annoy users. It is much better to bring users to a live dashboard.